Joomla! It is a content management system, and among its main virtues is to allow to edit the content of a Web site in a simple way. It Is an open source application programmed mostly in PHP under a GPL license. This Content Manager can work on the Internet or intranets and requires a MySQL database, as well as, preferably, an Apache HTTP server.
The great virtue of Joomla is its power and flexibility. In Joomla you can achieve pretty much everything. Joomla’s capabilities are endless and database manipulation is excellent. The system of privileges for users in Joomla is very complex and could become a headache, contrary to what happens with WordPress, which does not have a system of privileges. If It is necessary for several users to interfer to keep a Web page up to date, it is preferable to use Joomla.
With Joomla You only have to take care of what you want to publish, because Joomla will manage all the other details both administrative and technical in the system.
- Information Organization: Joomla is prepared to organize the contents of your site in categories and sections, which makes browsing easier for users and creates an orderly and simple structure for administrators. From The JOOMLA panel you will be able to create, edit and delete the sections and categories of your site by organizing the information according to your preferences.
- New features andscalability: Joomla offers the possibility to install, uninstall and manage components and modules, that will add value services to the visitors of your website, for example: image galleries, forums, newsletters, classifieds, etc.
- Publication: With Joomla You can create how many pages you want and edit them from a simple panel that allows you to format texts like any visual editor. The contents can be modified at any time even if they are already published.
- Navigation and Menu: Fully editable from the administrator panel.
- Users: Joomla allows you to store data from registered users and also the possibility to send massive emails. The administration is hierarchical, and the different groups of users have different levels of permissions within the administration of the site.
- Web Design: It Is possible to change the whole aspect of the website easily, thanks to the templates system.
- Position of the modules: With Joomla, the position of the different modules is manageable from the administration panel.
- Multimedia: Joomla can manage images and files and use them all over the web.
- Advertising: Joomla has an ad manager with which it is easily manageable.
Advanced Features in Joomla:
- Publication Scheduling: Joomla pages and documents can be configured with date of publication and expiration date, being able to disappear from the web at a certain time.
- Reading formats: Each publication is generated in PDF and XMLformat.
- History: Joomla has a file system to “mark” old pages but can be viewed from searches without occupying the site of new content.
- Rating: Site visitors will be able to vote on the quality of the publications.
- comments: Users can comment on their opinions or express their concerns on the same page of contents.
Joomla, CMS, Content Manager, companies, implantation, installation, consultancy, free software, Spain, open source, free software