From GPS, we offer a wide range of services, including MySQL database tuning, which aims to analyse the platform and document the current architecture, offering solutions for a better use of the application and anticipating solutions to possible performance problems.
The consulting service will perform a review and adjustment of the MySQL platform configuration. This work and study will be carried out with the help of the client’s personnel, to review the current problems. Likewise, configuration/parameterization solutions aimed at a better use of the resources allocated to the database environment may be proposed.
The review is performed on productive environments with different versions of OS and Mysql to determine the current problems.
After the analysis work has been carried out, and as a final objective of this work, a report will be presented containing an overview of the status, as well as a set of recommendations and possible plans for tuning your MySQL platform. In addition, database server maintenance policies are included and evaluated in this report.
MySQL tuning checkpoints:
- Analysis of the architecture and current situation of the servers.
- Review and configuration of HA environments
- Backup policy planning and restore testing.
- Data model review and modifications
- General performance, parameterization and tuning recommendations.
- Review of maintenance plans.
- Monitoring, review and tuning of the most costly queries and procedures in the production environment.
- Comparison with previous architecture to find the pattern of problems.
- Review of optimal parameters for different machine architectures.
- Report with the conclusions obtained and plan of action for the resolution of the problems.
You can check our work in references and technical solvency.