The Database Consulting service will be aimed at helping, planning and executing, together with your IT team, the necessary actions for a better use of the resources available to your Company.
Sometimes the lack of expertise in IT teams to undertake projects of migration, upgrade, or escalation in the database architecture, together with the limited and expensive availability of these services from large manufacturers, make some companies avoid facing this type of projects.
Database Consulting Services
The fear of possible problems or unwanted stops on a production platform makes us postpone and maintain environments in applications that grow in demand and concurrence, ending up offering a worse service and degrading the services they offer. At GPS we offer ourselves a trusted partner to tackle these jobs through specialized advice and at the scale of small and medium-sized companies.
Whether it is advice for improvement projects, scaling, provision of high availability, performance or performance tuning, our Database Consulting service will provide your systems and database department with a second opinion. We offer the expertise of a team of DBAs, with extensive experience in projects for clients with different platform profiles in the main database engines. The value of a highly specialized partner with the same objective as yours: Improve performance and optimize the resources that your platform has.
Why do you need the service of a database consultant?
The first thing you should ask yourself to answer this question is that every company that handles a large amount of data needs a management system for the databases in which they are located. These are often referred to as Database Management Systems (DMBS).
The task of a database consultant is to ensure the administration and supervision of the same, in addition to the correct use of the data. This covers technical, legal, information technology and business intelligence aspects.
We can divide this classification of the tasks of a database consultant into the following categories:
- Design of high availability solutions in database managers.
- Management of incidents and problems.
- Monitoring of usage, transaction volumes, response times, concurrency levels…
- Migration, upgrades and patching of databases.
- Query optimization for overall performance improvement.
- Management and implementation of database backup system.
- Data recovery from backups.
- Support actions for development teams, recommendations and best practices.
- Review and design of maintenance plans and scheduled tasks.
- Audit of the status of the platform and recommendations for improvement.
Learn more about our consulting projects on our reference page and do not hesitate to request a meeting to explain your case to us.
Learn more about our database consulting services