The SQL Server database consultancy service will be aimed at helping, planning and executing, together with the IT Department management, the necessary actions for a better use of the Company’s resources.
SQL Server Consulting Service
Sometimes lack of experience or availability to undertake SQL Server consulting projects, coupled with the low and expensive availability of these services from the manufacturer, makes some companies avoid tackling this type of project for fear of possible problems or unwanted downtime on a production platform.
At GPS we offer ourselves as a reliable partner to face these works by means of specialized advice.
Whether it is advice for improvement projects, backup policies or tuning, our SQL Server DBA service will provide your systems and database department with a second opinion, a consulting value from a partner with the same objective as yours.: Improve the performance and quality of service running under your SQL Server platform.
These are some of the works we do:
- Review of the versions and updates of the instances.
- Analysis of the heaviest Queries for subsequent review.
- Collection of system and database statistics at critical moments.
- Review of backup and security policies
- Disk access analysis
- Parameter analysis and recommendations report.
- Storage Revision (Data Files, Log Files, RAID, LUNs, etc.).
- Threshold and performance analysis.
- HA systems report and recommendations.
- Report and review of maintenance plans.
- Recommendations from Microsoft’s Best Practice Analyzer.
The work would be oriented to issue a first report on the status of the SQL platform and a final report of recommendations according to Microsoft’s specifications and recommendations, in addition to exposing the result of the analysis and statistics collected during the monitoring of the SQL-Server environment.
Visit the references and technical solvency page to see our SQL Server database consulting work.