Many companies do not need a full time Oracle DBA in their department, but they cannot delegate these tasks to the IT department when they need expertise in these databases. With our Oracle database support and maintenance service you will have a no surprises service model for the maintenance of your Oracle databases.
What does our Oracle Support and Maintenance service consist of?
At GPS we work through annual contracts with a monthly fee. Check our rates page, from there you can make an initial assessment of the fee according to a standard coverage. For a formal offer, we always ask a small battery of questions about volume, versions, current situation of the environment, applications, windows of intervention/productive hours, response time to incidents, etc.
After the start-up of the Service, the coverage for Oracle Support and Maintenance work is no different from that of an on-site DBA:
- Maintenance and revision of database status.
- Instance creation, updating, patching.
- Actions to support development teams, recommendations and best practices
- Support to other DBAs or system administrators of the client, for queries and improvements of the database platform (tuning).
- Review of maintenance plans and scheduled tasks.
- Support in backup policy planning and restore testing.
- Maintenance interventions by remote control.
- Monthly report of actions, platform status and recommendations for improvement.
The service will include the hourly coverage and availability required by the client in accordance with an agreed SLA for response times and incident management depending on their criticality.
Check here some of the companies that rely on our Oracle Database Support and Maintenance services.