At GPS we are experts in tackling PostgreSQL database consulting projects. The study will be carried out by specialized consultants who will prepare a set of recommendations and implementation plans to improve the performance, scalability and availability of your environments.
The PostgreSQL consultancy work is aimed at issuing a first report of recommendations for the best use of the resources allocated to your PostgreSQL database environment, and in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications and recommendations.
Some of the works are:
- Patching review.
- Backup Management Report. Tools used, copies maintained, etc.
- Individualized review of PostgreSQL instances.
- Feasibility study of HA solutions in PostgreSQL (synchronous replicas, asynchronous replicas, automatic switching, etc).
- Study and analysis of the configuration of each of the instances and collection of data on current use.
- Configuration of automatic collection of database statistics at peak load times.
- Study of maximum thresholds reached to adjust the database to them.
- Revisión de los parámetros actuales e informe de recomendaciones para mejorar el rendimiento.
- Study of access to disks and objects with greater input/output.
- Review of the most common waiting times in the database and report on possible recommendations for optimization.
- Obtaining the heaviest Queries for later review.
Together with the report, a document of possible improvements aimed at optimizing performance, security, availability and contingency, or the use of the resources under study will be proposed, if applicable.
You can see our main consulting projects in our references page.
If you need to delegate the maintenance of your databases, take a look at our database support service. In addition to PostgreSQL, we can also help you with other databases such as Oracle, SQL server, MySQL, Sybase, etc.